Monday, April 21, 2008

Shark Valley

Today we spent the day at Shark Valley. We did the 14 mile round-trip bike ride to the lookout tower. We saw a lot of gators and baby gators. Skylar and Madeline screamed the first seven miles to the lookout tower (my Dad was pulling them behind his bike in a carrier). They did better on the way back.
Here we are at the lookout tower. The scenery is beautiful.

Tiffany and I. We took a side trail and there a lot of alligators just hanging out. This one was blocking the trail so we decided to head back to our bikes.
I don't think we should risk jumping over this alligator to continue on the trail.
Mom and Dad at the lookout tower.


Andrew and I.

Tiffany and Skylar.
The mama alligator (we got to close to her babies and she hissed at us).
The baby alligators. We counted at least seven of them (you can see four of them in this picture). The baby alligators have yellow stripes and make the cutest sounds (almost sounds like they are gulping water or something like that).
Andrew trying to catch a gator.
My Mom and I.
Our little family. I love all the lily pads in the background.

Grandpa gator, Maddy gator, and Andrew gator.
My Dad insisted that we all get a t-shirt to prove that we rode 14 miles through Shark Valley. So here is a picture with all of us in our shirts.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Shark Valley is one thing we didn't get around to doing and I wish that we had!

woolfordfamily said...

What I didn't want to do on my trip to Florida that ended up being my favorite thing on my trip!