Thursday, December 18, 2008

Traditions.

This year we started some new traditions with Madeline. We wrapped up 25 different Christmas books (I got most of them from DI so they were very inexpensive; library books would work great too). Madeline opens one present each night before bed and we read her the story. She has really enjoyed getting to open one present each evening. Another tradition that we started this year is in this month's Friend magazine. There are 25 different stories about Jesus from the scriptures starting with his birth and going through his life, death, and resurrection. Each evening we read the story of Jesus and Madeline gets to color that set of scriptures for the day. We have had so much fun that I think we will do it each year.

Here is a picture I took of the books wrapped up.

Here is the activity from this month's Friend magazine. Madeline colors in the set of scriptures each day.

6 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!! I love the christmas book idea. I am totally gonna do that when I have kids. Thanks for the great Idea. won't you run out of christmas books though? do you just wrap the same ones every year? just a question.

Jude and Rachel said...

What great ideas! I hope I can remember that for next year. Love it!

Papa Randy said...

Very cute. She is so beautiful. You have a wonderful family. Pleae tell them all hi fomr Bako. Merry Chrsittmas and Happy New Year from our fam to yours.

Jeni said...

I love that idea. Thanks for sharing!

Doug & Jen said...

Great ideas!! I can't believe that Maddy is 4! Brooke turned 2 this past week and I just about died! They are getting way to big.

ANGELA said...

What cute ideas. i can't believe she is four already!